It is Guy Blandin, previous owner who created this garden. A lover of plants, he used to bring back seeds of his travels around the world. Unfortunately, Hurricane Hugo in 1989 devastated a large part of the plants. It was on the initiative of Coluche, who asked his friend Michael Gaillard, landscape gardener, to take up the torch in order to revive this heavenly place of more than 7 hectares.
In memory of the artist, Michel Gaillard bought the property in 1991 in order to create a botanical garden with the help of designers, landscape professionals and nature lovers. It was in 2001 that he will open its doors to the general public.
We had the privilege of visiting this beautiful garden which houses more than 1000 species. Suffice to say that we had all our senses awake during the 1.5km of this magical course. Here are some pictures: